Wednesday, January 5, 2022

A workingman is called to pray

I like it when I'm reading a book written for Christians and I run across a reference to working men and and women.
As I've said, I try to read a daily devotional at work during my breaks. The devotional guide I'm using this year for my morning break is titled "My Utmost for His Highest," by someone named Oswald Chambers.
Paging through it, i found this statement for one of the devotionals in October: "There is nothing thrilling about a labouring man's work, but it is the labouring man who makes the conception of the genius possible; and it is the labouring saint who makes the conceptions of his Master possible. You labour at prayer and results happen all the time from His standpoint."
It is good to think of myself as not only a workingman for the company, but a workingman for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment